07-05-2013, 12:53 AM
hockeyphan25

vCash: 500
as of right now there could be so many different possibilities
Does a center get traded? assuming no
Does G Remain at center? likely
Who else moves to wing then? likely Schenn and possibly Laughton or Talbot
Do G and Voracek stay together?
Will Hartnell be the Hartnell from last year and the beginning of the prior year or will he be the 1st line Hartnell that played with G and Jagr?
Will Laughton make the team? I would think so considering that he outplayed a majority of the other forwards in his first stint.
Will a darkhorse make the team (as of right now there is one forward opening assuming Laughton makes it, that would give us 12 forwards, so we would need a spare but I assume Hall is the spare [edit: actually I forgot about Rosehill, I guess little chance of any Phantoms making the team])? I wouldn't be surprised to see Akeson make it although that may be after playing a bit with the Phantoms. Maybe McGinn if they're looking for size. If G and Voracek stay together I would like to see Akeson get a chance with them.

As for the D, I don't think our D's are that bad, it's just that there's so much money tied up in them, injury problems and I think it's time to stop playing Kimmo likes he's a number 1 dman. I thought he and Coburn really struggled last year (obviously not offensively for Kimmo though) while Schenn and Grossman seemed to step up when called to be the top guys. Assuming Mez is gone, I'd probably have Gus and Schenn as my top pairing, Grossman and Kimmo/Streit as the 2nd pairing and then Coburn Streit/Kimmo as the third pairing but not with a huge disparity in playing time as Gus still has a lot to learn. I think Grossman is underrated, there were times last year when he looked like a top tier shutdown guy. Schenn has his flaws but he looks like he deserves the most minutes and stepped up big time when he had to play so many minutes due to being the only starter left. Also, I'm confident that one of Bourdon, Lauridson, or Manning will be able to fill in if needed. The big questions here are:
If Coburn is still here, does he play like he did last year or they way he did in previous years?
Can Grossman stay healthy?

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote