View Single Post
Old
07-05-2013, 06:14 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
Not what it means at all. What it means is that you're taking something he said that was pure hyperbole and treating it like fact.

John Elway was just conveying that he didn't like being recognized. Easy thing to say when you're already a star and filthy rich.

Go back in time and ask him if he'd have done it when he was 20 years old. I think not. LOL

Its like people complaining that Winter is too long and then complaining (on the first warm day of the year) that it's too muggy or humid out. LOL

They're athletes. They should compete and not try and hide. Otherwise, take the criticism and flip people the bird and move on with your life. Just don't be surprised when someone questions your dedication and fear of pressure.
The bolded part has to be one of the funniest failing attempts at logic I've seen on these boards recently. Yeah, go back in time and ask the younger version if he would contradict what his future self says about the topic. You do realize of course that this phenomena is what is commonly referred to as "hindsight".

Aaand finally, you said he should ask his younger self if he wanted to be rich and famous. I hope you realize that players, regardless of if they play for a cracker jack franchise, aren't actually paid in twinkies and pringles. He's going to get paid wherever he goes. And frankly, those non-traditional teams usually have to pay top dollar to reel in free agents AND they usually have a much lower cost of living. I wonder if his future self would really be upset that he made an extra million per year during his prime.