View Single Post
Old
07-05-2013, 08:06 AM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
If I remember correctly, his hip was going through necrosis and basically the tissue was dying.

If nobody saw it coming through his entire life, you can't expect the Flyers' medical staff to rush in and go, "Well we better run Emery through some tests to see if his hips are literally dying of this rare disease that pretty much nobody has."
He had avascular necrosis in his femur head. After an injury cuts off the blood supply necrosis sets in within a week typically. This wasn't something he had his whole life or something the Flyers physicians could have seen or rather foreseen when they signed him. The injury occurred a little while before diagnosis.

I did a little research and it seems 15,000 cases of this are reported ever year (specifically in the femur head). It is a more common occurrence in the jaw but my main point is it really isn't that rare. I mean maybe relative to heart disease and so on yeah but not to necrotising fasciitis for example. Regardless the Flyers couldn't have known when they signed him that he would have complications.

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 07-05-2013 at 08:12 AM.
FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote