Free Agent Frenzy 2013 - The Day GMGM Does Nothing.
View Single Post
07-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Join Date: Apr 2004
I actually agree with GMGM here. I would much rather use ou caps pace to lock up Alzner long term than go after anyone in this years UFA class.
I just don't see any of the centers available being great moves. I feel like anyone you sign is going to be a contract you regret in a few years. Maybe if the Caps were a solid 2nd line center away from a cup I could handle that, but does anyone really think that is true? If Kuznetsov is going to be a NHL center (which is what we are being told) and he is going to be here next year (which is what we are being told) then I think it is smart to suck it up and wait a year. It sucks, but its smart.
As for defense. Again nothing excites me. I would rather let Orlov come up and see what he can do than bring in a mid 30's player who quality cup contending teams have litttle interest in bringing back.
If I was GMGM this is what I would do...
1. Buy out Shultz (check)
2. Let Ribeiro walk (sucks, but the contract wouldn't make sense)
3. Let Hendricks walk (sucks even more but the $$$ for role we have for him doesn't work)
4. Keep Tom Wilson in Jr's (does no good to have him playing only 10 minutes per night when he can be playing 20 in Jr's.)
5. Replace Erskine with Orlov
6. Pray Kuznetsov actully does come over next yer.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Jasper17