View Single Post
Old
07-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Sylvester going to the well for the out of shape comments -- McBain's answer was that he "got lost a little bit" with the lockout. Seems to agree he wasn't in the best shape.

Peters cut the tension with a joke.

McBain: "I will be in the best shape of my life coming into camp this year."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
LOL... Sylvester asks if he knows anyone on the team, he mentions Gerbe a bunch of times and Sylvester doesn't bother to tell him that Gerbe's been cut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
At least someone finally asked a hardball question with the query about whether being in shape factored into how his season went. The softball lob was not telling a guy in the middle of an interview that the player he knows isn't going to be here.
I'm veering off-topic but I do find it curious to hear Peters talk of guys that were his teammates (and, in Miller's case, a best friend) casually in terms of cap hits and being traded. He made a comment in today's program about the type of players the Sabres might target in free agency, characterizing them as "guys that will stick up for each other"....which has been an "issue" in the past. It sound like a bit of resentment was laced around that comment, relative to the roster of his playing days.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote