View Single Post
Old
10-24-2006, 06:36 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
I was disappointed when CJ got canned, I like the guy. I felt immediately better when I heard Carbo's name. He's a pure hockey guy. He understands the game and the business and has lived it from all aspects.

Oh, Mr. clvmcs, Carbo is Gainey's guy, his choice. He'll hang his hat on that choice and ride out whatever problems arise. Don't think for a minute that a bad stretch will cause a panic move.

As for Gainey, I like whta the Hockey News guy, said about the team. They're close to being real good, and when they are, they'll be real good for a long time. Gainey had to come in and work in an environment that had lost league credibility. AS made some good moves, some good drafts, but theteam wasn't a 'player' in the league anymore. Now they are. Not enough though, as seen in the off season when we were shut out of the bidding war on the 3 or 4 targeted players.

I could criticize Gainey's plan B moves, but let's see how they play out. I thought Koivu could've been had for less, Samsonov might be redundant, but then again, lw on that line was an issue all last year.

Yeah, hire Bobby Clarke, then ufa's will come here and play for less $. snowrunner, do you mean that stuff or are you playing some type of satirical/devil's advocate game ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote