View Single Post
Old
07-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
Yeah I've been aware of this team for the past 20 years, thanks for wanting to clear that up with me. Im glad we got that settled.

I'm sure there's an upgrade out there somewhere. Be it free agency or trades.

Off season just started. I'm a broken record; basically you guys are disliking the trade because it makes a hole that is not filled immediately.

Give it some ****ing time. Jesus.
Some really intelligent moves by MacTavish today. Trading Horcoff to free up cap space and acquire a skilled, young right handed defenseman in Larsen is a coup imo. Adding Ference, Gordon, Labarbera, Joensuu without subtracting from the line up is fantastic. MacTavish does need to make one or two more deals to shore up the remainder of the roster some more, but today has been very successful in adding useful players from free agency. MacTavish has the rest of the summer to help some other teams with cap space issues move players.

Steering clear of most of the big name free agents makes sense, since they usually require significant over payments and long terms that often don't make a whole lot of sense. Still, I'd like to see MacArthur become an Oiler.

Hockey Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote