View Single Post
Old
07-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post

Stalberg I get. Cullen, meh not really especially for that change, Nystrom depending on $$$ and years sure, but Hendricks at that $$$$? Has Poile lost his mind?

We have literally blown the money that we saved from SK and Erat on redundant pieces. I would rather just blow it this year and let Watson Beck and FF struggle and lose than be saddled with these contracts.
Stalberg is a legitimate option to play in our top 6. He adds speed/size. He is inconsistent, but he is decent on the puck. This is a legitimate chance to upgrade our offense. Good deal. Decent term/price.

Cullen is a consistent mid-tier player. He scores 35-45 points. He is a decent center, and he is good on the powerplay. 3.5 million at 36 years old is too much, but it isn't terrible. The problem with him is that we have players eerily similar in Fisher and Legwand in terms of production. I'll take it, but it isn't a spectacular deal. If anything it is a bit of a reach. That said, I would rather give Cullen 3.5 for two years then swallow that cash and do nothing (which we did last year).

Matt Hendricks is a solid player. He is good at what he does. He is apparently dynamite in the shootout and good in the lockerrom. 1.85 million for 4 years is quite rich for a cash-poor team that doesn't need bottom 6 forwards. I want to add grit and speed to this lineup. I also want talent. This move was not the move I would have made given the current makeup of this roster.

Nystrom - let's see if this is official.

Bottomline: we have added 4 forwards. 2 have a chance at helping on offense. The price is okay. We need to add more offensive talent, but I wouldn't be surprised if we are done .... Let's hope we are still active. Let's hope that some of the redundant pieces are moved for prospects.

Using our cap space is a win for us. It is more of a win if we are able to use this financial room to gain assets for a change.