Thread: Fire Poile
View Single Post
Old
07-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
This is me. I'm a pretty big Poile supporter but.... You have to conclude that Hendricks and Nystrom are an upgrade in talent over something and, if it costs more than the prior talent, that the increased salary is worth it.

Who is Hendricks replacing? Halischuk?

Who is Nystrom replacing? Yip?

Where's the value? $4.3M vs. what, $1.3M or so. Are we $3M better than yesterday because of these two signings? I'd say about 300k better is more like it.
And we haven't addressed that we were the lowest scoring team in the league last year. And that was with Erat and Kostitsyn.

The thing for me is that I don't feel like our bottom players were the main issue last year. I'll stand by what I think the team has needed for years: A game changer up front. We've tried the even scoring approach before. It hasn't worked.

I don't feel like a small market team like us should be spending that kind of money on bottom line players when the real team need is to address our scoring. Stalberg is a nice 3rd line, maybe 2nd line player. He's a good signing, but isn't the answer here.

Obviously the season isn't starting tomorrow, but you just have to wonder what is going on. Hendricks and Nystrom make 0 sense.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote