View Single Post
Old
07-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
This. I didn't want Laperierre at all. No reason for his antics in NY.

I know 70% of this board hates Boyle, but he can play the game of hockey. He only makes $1.9 million. He can be a solid 3rd/4th line center depending what type of scoring streak he may be on during the season. I laugh at people on this board who moans and groans about his cap hit. What would've been more fair? The $1.3-$1.6 range? Seriously? Complaining over pennies to be honest. He sticks up for his teammates and his liked in that lockerroom. Give it a rest already.
Boyle gets far too much crap here, he normally starts in the defensive zone and has been playing with scrub wingers way too often for him to put up any points, one of the only times our PP was successful this year was with him on it standing in front of the net... plus this guy comes to play in the playoffs. If they could play with him players who can create offense he can put up some points, he isn't going to create too many goals but he can score some garbage goals, win faceoffs, be physical, and will stick up for teammates (just wish he would take some boxing lessons this summer, he can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag).

I thought Lapierre would be here for sure, guess they preferred Moore, I am fine with that. I really feel we will make one more move for a top 6-9 winger, plus Sather always gets a goon each year (Asham, Haley, Boogard RIP, Brashear, etc).