Thread: Speculation: Richards' future on the NYR
View Single Post
07-05-2013, 06:10 PM
MDZ for NYR Blueline
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Richards picked up his game late in the season when it mattered. The last 20 or so games, he was by no means a dominant force, but he was setting up plays and getting points.
He was decent, but definitely not worth $6.7m. We could've use that money to sign a UFA winger or make a trade for a young top 6 winger.

He's always been a streaky player. He hit a wall in the postseason, which is why the buyout business accelerated.
He was disgusting in the playoffs. Sat in the press box for 2 elimination games.

Bottom line -- cap or no cap -- the Rangers are a better team and a tougher matchup with Stepan-Brassard-Richards up the middle.
Debatable. I would rather have Lindberg as a 3C than Richards. His game translates to bottom 6 much more than BR. And the difference of salary between Lindberg and Richards could have gotten us a good LW to improve our offense.

It's AV's job to help him find his game again.
I 100% guarantee BR won't find his game again unless AV spoon feeds him offensive minutes.(Not out of the question). BR's point total would have been atrocious if he didn't have that lucky streak at the end of the season against bottom feeders.

Tell me this isn't one of the most undeserved hat tricks you've ever seen:

KreidertheGlider is offline   Reply With Quote