Thread: GDT: FA/Trade Talk
View Single Post
Old
07-05-2013, 06:18 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
I don't understand something. We got tougher and grittier and paid a huge price for it. To me, we needed some of that but not for the price we paid. We had a shot to grab Grabovski off waivers and passed. He's still out there and no one has signed him. If we had claimed him off waivers for the salary he's owed I would rather have done that with the Stalberg signing and rolled the dice. I think that would've improved the team a lot more and for a better price tag. That would've cost us $8.5 million a year for two guys that would make our top 6 better, hopefully. Instead we've improved our bottom 6 which needed improvement but for way too much money. I'm just perplexed by it all and Trig threw out some lines in another thread and I really like what I saw as far as our fourth line alignment but once again, $3 million total for a 4th line, not what we're paying, $6-8 million depending on who's there.

And everything I've heard and read about Grabovski would fit into the Preds team that Poile and Trotz like, hard working gritty players, and he can put the puck in the net. So why did we not go after him? And I hear we're done with signings? Really?

I'm glad we went out and made a splash but a lot of these types of guys, other than Stalberg would've been around and probably cheaper down the line but we overpaid for 3 of the 4 guys we signed today and in doing so, we may end up taking time away from some other guys that are our future in the process. Not 100% sure of that but these moves just have me scratching my head and without hair it's getting pretty sore.