View Single Post
Old
07-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Ference was also involved in the firing of the NHLPA boss, Kelly and drew lots of fire for that.

In the end one of the stupidest things the NHLPA ever did. Kelly was a great ambassador for the NHLPA never deserved anything like this. Nothing much to do with hockey as played on the ice but even Brad Park ripped into Ference.

Classic moment from the past:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/..._attorney.html

Quote:
Ex-Bruin Brad Park, the Hall of Fame defenseman, is decidedly not on Ference's side. A bold supporter of Kelly's, in part because it was Kelly who recently forced a court remedy in Canada to secure millions of dollars in pension money for the widows of players who were in the league prior to 1985, Park today contacted the Globe to voice his displeasure with Kelly's firing in general and with Ference in particular.

''Let me tell Andrew Ference, one defenseman to another, he should spend more time worrying about going to back to get the puck than to worry about Paul Kelly's ability to do the job as head of the PA, said Park, who turned 61 years old in July. ''When [Ference] was in junior, I assume he wasn't going to college...so I ask, what makes him so [expletive] smart?! They had a guy like Chris Chelios in that room [in Chicago] who disagreed, told them to wait and think.

''Maybe guys like Ference should take time to listen to guys who are older and smarter.''

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote