View Single Post
Old
07-05-2013, 07:24 PM
KingsFirstCup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
What were the Kings supposed to do, create cap space out of thin air? The most expendable guy we had to create cap space with just had a seizure. You guys wanted a core and you got one, so don't go complaining about this now. The core and prospects the Kings have developed (also what everyone wanted) to become part of that core took up our room.

And no, we're not a worse hockey team on paper. Dean says that Willie Mitchell is healthy. Any Willie Mitchell that we've ever had is better than any Rob Scuderi we've ever had. Furthermore, we traded an excess piece for a forward who can score at a better rate than any of our other bottom six guys. Then, further to that point, we have a young winger in Toffoli who has been getting better at a rapid pace. Matt Greene will also be in game shape once things start this time around.

So no, it's not worse by any stretch, and it is still the best team in the division. Point blank period.
I think what he's getting at is all the teams that have even less cap space than us are still making big moves and improving their team today and will figure the cap out later. We NEED a second line LW to play with Carter and Richards if we want to compete with Chicago, Detroit, and dare I say Dallas this year. There's still Jagr and Morrow out there I guess and I'm sure Dean is trying to get someone but losing Scuderi, Penner, and Richardson and only gaining Schultz is not the best team in the division, and we are definitely worse than we were in the playoffs. If you can;t see that you're just being a homer

EDIT: Forget about Detroit. Still getting used to them being in the East

KingsFirstCup is offline   Reply With Quote