Old
07-05-2013, 08:54 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
We can't really "bank" any.

We're using it all anyway unless we're dropping some serious salary now (which I'm not necessarily opposed to.)

That said, if you drop Meszaros' salary, you're still paying 0.92 of Pronger's salary on the "LTIR charge" meaning you just lost your ability to bank 0.92m to help down the road in case of injury.

So theoretically, it might be better to have that extra 4.00m already playing for you than just letting it go to waste since you can't bank it anyway.

Basically, this means you have to have your reserves all be able to fit under the SALARY CAP + LTIR limit, which is effectively fitting them all under the SALARY CAP - LTIR.

The + LTIR and - LTIR cancel out leaving you with just the salary cap.

It's all just a complicated way of saying that Pronger's cap hit doesn't count.

However, you are hampered with your deadline acquisitions since you can't bank cap space now.
without Pronger's cap hit we are at 63.2
let me ask you this. How much more are you ok adding in salary before the season starts. I think someone needs to go in the top 6. Unless you want to give Gus the Patrick Sharp treatment.

EDIT: ok so maybe banking was the wrong word. we have Pronger's cap hit available to use. But only if we are at the cap ceiling. Some of that has to be available to the team during the season. if it isnt you are just asking for trouble.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote