Thread: GDT: FA/Trade Talk
View Single Post
Old
07-05-2013, 10:02 PM
PFL615

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
No I wasn't, but Colin Wilson was also drafted with certain expectations. Craig Smith, on the other hand, came out of obscurity after a couple of good seasons in the NCAA and a great WC. He came in, looked like he was legit, and then fell off again. Instead of getting back on the horse, he continued to play the same style of game that simply was not working for him until he lost minutes. We have Watson coming up behind him, Forsberg who will likely already be on the team along with Wilson, Beck and Bourque. Leipsic and Aberg look to be coming up in the next couple of years. Smith isn't suited to play a bottom six role, and his window to cement himself in the top six is closing with every game he is outplayed by some of the other young guys.

Offensive "skill" is but one piece of a good hockey player. He seems to be lacking some of the other pieces, and it takes away from his ability to use his skill. If he has a great camp, fine, but this is a discussion board. It's not like me saying "hey what do you guys think about sending Smith + a pick to Toronto for Franson" has any influence on reality whatsoever.
I disagree he has a spot on this team and needs to be given more than 8 min on a line with yip and clune before anyone can judge.

We will see what he does this year
year. I bet he is one of are best forwards.