View Single Post
Old
07-05-2013, 09:12 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
Exactly, so in other words as i stated, nearly 40?
Splitting hairs. He will play the vast majority of his last season (on this contract) at 37 years old.

Quote:
Easily debunked already, somebody else beat me to it.
Very debatable as I posted earlier.

Quote:
I am not against any of those players being here. I even said it above, we could really use a Ference. While i do feel they were overpaid just a bit, my main issue here is only with the term. As for their salary, they would probably get that same money elsewhere for all we know, but i don't believe many teams would sign them for that long while paying them that kind of money.
Thats why so many players choose to go to free agency...because it usually works in their favor.

Quote:
Honestly, i think that's a hyperbole within itself. I really don't think geography matters to hockey players as much as some people make it out to matter. The myth that Edmonton is this city that can't attract FA's ever since the Chris Pronger thing went down and he wanted out for personal reasons in which nobody can decipher why. These guys are hockey players, if they wanted a long vacation on the sandy beaches of Florida, i am sure they can afford one. I mean, these guys barely ever see their families during the regular season as it is, so i don't see why geography is this supposed big deal to most hockey players. If we have to overpay for the FA's we sign, then i'd probably guess Calgary does too, as well as Winnipeg since we aren't exactly the best looking cities.
History suggests otherwise.
Edmonton is and always has been a tough sell. A winning hockey team would certainly help the (Edmonton is a undesirable destination) moniker.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote