View Single Post
Old
07-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer99 View Post
yea 185lbs hitting you or 230 pound person hitting you who hits harder. Our guys who actually weigh over 200lbs don't hit anything. The only ones who hit are small guys who don't do much damage.
There are multiple ways to be effective when hitting, one big hit that does damage which is rare, or multiple hits all night long that wear down D men in their own zone. Gotta have the speed to get to them before they move the puck, that's why guys like Callahan, Moore, and Hagelin are effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
No they don't and the 94 team had a lot more tough guys than just Graves. Boston is a much much closer model to the Rangers 94 team than the Rangers are. With all the muscle the Bruins have every player on that team has to feel supported whenever they're on the ice. That if something happens to them pay back will be on the way.

Lucic is a bigger, less versatile version of Graves--that he is good enough to play on Boston's two top lines is key though. The Rangers have a need for McIlrath to do the same. I agree that it's a waste of time signing the Boogaard's, Brashear's and the Rupp's if they can't make themselves useful in other ways. It's a tricky balance is right.
Eh, not going to fantasize about the '94 team or try and make comparisons. Pretty much every team back then was tougher than the average team now. Bolded is essentially my stand on this situation of toughness. We've signed countless guys to fill that role over the last 4-5 years and they are always gone in a season or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Familiar with?? LOL..Ive been bleeding blue for close to 40 years...How about you??
Yeah it wasn't a slight against you, I was referencing people who scream for toughness and ***** about us not having any in the system when we have guys like Mashinter, Haley, McIlrath, Noreau and now Graves. So relax.

Clown Fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote