View Single Post
07-05-2013, 09:59 PM
16 To Stanley*
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I don't think the team is soft. I think that's the major disconnect happening here. This team has tough guys who hit and battle hard. No one can deny that for most of these guys.

What I think many of us would like to see, is a slight upgrade at key positions, to have some more guys who can, and are willing to, drop the gloves to turn the momentum or stand up for their teammates.

These guys shouldn't be Mike Rupp or Arron Asham's. Derek Dorsett is a perfect example. Eric Nystrom, although he was overpaid. Cody McLeod. Brandon Prust. Brandon Dubinsky. Curtis Glencross. Guys who will drop the gloves with most middle weights. Guys who are multi dimensional and contribute in other ways as well as dropping the gloves.

Heavyweights are close to a thing of the past. The guys need to be able to play the game and they are getting harder and harder to find.

Hopefully that clears up some of the misconceptions in this thread.
I don't think most of us disagree with this, but there are clearly people in this thread who are thinking of toughness in completely different terms than what you just described.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote