View Single Post
Old
07-05-2013, 10:26 PM
duul

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Toronto and Columbus have something in common. They both made major moves to change the makeup of their teams. Columbus did it two years in a row. They reached a point where status quo became unacceptable. Piddling around with depth signings wasnt going to get them where they wanted to be. Curly Mcboldy is going to have to figure that out. Or maybe Katz has them on an internal budget? When was the last time we were even close to being a cap team? How many other teams would have mundane business as usual draft/ufa days after seven consecutive failed seasons? Mact seemed to indicate this was the year things were going to be different with the bold moves talk.

So far Ive seen none of it. Which moves could be considered bold? Dallas and Boston made bold moves. Toronto, Ottawa, Anaheim, New Jersey, LA, Minnesota and Vancouver made bold moves as well. That's a third of the league. But no, not us. We'll trade down in the draft and make our ho hum largely insignificant ufa signings just like every year.

Its beyond belief. Jim Nill, Dave Nonis and the new Finnish gm from Columbus have stolen the show. These guys are getting **** done in a big way. The thought of us even competing for the playoffs next year is already a foregone conclusion. The fans deserve better. **** Daryl Katz. Cheap ****ing nepotist ****.
Looks like nepotist is the new buzzword for hfoil.

IATL, you're a lot more intelligent than this, surely you know comparing Edmonton to Columbus and Toronto is ridiculous. We are loaded with star power, something both of those teams lack. A poster here summed it up nicely in that our teams are polar opposites; one needs role players and the others need true talent.

The only "bold" move I would be ok with MacT making is offersheeting someone like Mcd out of NY or Piet out of STL, because we need a #1 Dman and no team trades them away. We do not need to trade for another superstar forward, something that Columbus needed to do in order to complete. Columbus is a great example because they have all the types of role players we need that work their ***** off at both ends of the rink and constantly give it 100%. They had nobody to score goals and they added Gaborik + Horton, who are players much harder to acquire than role players. Now you have to understand our core of Hall, Yak, RNH, Eberle are all better than those players. Do you want MacT to trade one of them in a package for Malkin? I'm not sure what sort of bold moves you are expecting here.

MacT improved our squad quite a bit today. Gordon is an upgrade on Horcoff and his cap is way lower. Ference is one of our best defenceman instantly and bumps people down the lineup. I'm not going to comment on Joensuu and Labarbera because I don't know anything about them. We pushed hard for Clarkson and offered him more money than Toronto, what else do you expect MacT to do? Most players don't want to come out West and that is pretty obvious so you cannot blame him for offering the most money to Clarkson.

It would be nice to acquire Coburn IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT. MacT has so far done a perfect job and I'm not sure what else you could expect from him at this point, after the first day of free agency.

Some of you people are unbelievable, the guy just improved our team in a day more than Tambellini did in years and people don't think that is good enough. Free agency is so risky because every player is going to get paid big bucks, did you honestly want Nystrom for 2.5m or Clowe for almost 5m?

We still have 3 months until the season starts so can we please simmer down.

duul is offline   Reply With Quote