Mact's performance thus far.
View Single Post
07-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Originally Posted by
So the lineup at the moment is:
Hall - Nuge - Eberle
Paajarvi - (Gagner) - Yakupov
Joensuu - Gordon - Hemsky
Smyth - Lander - Brown
Ference - J. Schultz
Smid - Petry
N. Schultz - Larsen/Potter
Hemsky will still likely be moved, but as a group, this team looks even worse than the 2012/2013 Oilers.
- Gordon is cheaper, but might not be better than Horcoff as a 3rd line C
- team toughness was not addressed at all
- Ference is an upgrade on Whitney (if only because of his health), but a marginal upgrade
- Larsen 'might' be an upgrade on Fistric, but is a downgrade in terms of physicality
- C depth still sucks
- I'm not sold on LaBarbera playing 15-25 games/year - he certainly won't push Dubnyk for the starting role
Still a lot of time left to make trades, and still some unsigned FAs out there that might be a fit (Grabovski), but at the moment I'm not impressed.
Gordon is better at every facet of the game than Horcoff sans skating. He put up more points, less penalties, same hits, way better faceoff % and he's a better PKer.
Joensuu is a bit of a wildcard but he hits like a train and he is massive, he is definitely an upgrade on toughness because I've seen him demolish people, he is not afraid to take the body.
Ference is our #3 defenceman he just bumped N.Schultz, J.Schultz, Fistric, Potter, Larsen, Belov, Klefbom down the lineup.
There are still lots of depth C's available if we can't land Grabovski which I am hoping we do.
Our team is better than last season already, stop acting like we just somehow got worse trading in Horcoff for a better and cheaper #3 and adding some quality defence. Take into account progressions of our young players and you'll see you are making yourself look silly stating this team is worse.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by McDuul