View Single Post
Old
07-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Baggers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
Gordon is better at every facet of the game than Horcoff sans skating. He put up more points, less penalties, same hits, way better faceoff % and he's a better PKer.

Joensuu is a bit of a wildcard but he hits like a train and he is massive, he is definitely an upgrade on toughness because I've seen him demolish people, he is not afraid to take the body.

Ference is our #3 defenceman he just bumped N.Schultz, J.Schultz, Fistric, Potter, Larsen, Belov, Klefbom down the lineup.

There are still lots of depth C's available if we can't land Grabovski which I am hoping we do.

Our team is better than last season already, stop acting like we just somehow got worse trading in Horcoff for a better and cheaper #3 and adding some quality defence. Take into account progressions of our young players and you'll see you are making yourself look silly stating this team is worse.
He's also coming from Tippett's system in Phoenix. I remember the last time we signed a 3rd line C who was 'great on faceoffs' coming out of that system - and that C scored 40 points the year before the Oilers got him.

For the record, I like the acquisition of Gordon, but the team still hasn't re-signed Gagner and even with him, the C depth is very, very weak. One injury and Arcobello is on the big club.

The team is also moving to a much, much tougher division this year. As it stands, I don't see the team improving on where they finished in the standings last year.

Baggers is offline   Reply With Quote