View Single Post
Old
07-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggers View Post
He's also coming from Tippett's system in Phoenix. I remember the last time we signed a 3rd line C who was 'great on faceoffs' coming out of that system - and that C scored 40 points the year before the Oilers got him.

For the record, I like the acquisition of Gordon, but the team still hasn't re-signed Gagner and even with him, the C depth is very, very weak. One injury and Arcobello is on the big club.

The team is also moving to a much, much tougher division this year. As it stands, I don't see the team improving on where they finished in the standings last year.
Lets be clear as well that Gordon was third Center on a bad Phoenix club this year that struggled even with one of the best coaches in the business and that Gordon hasn't been any good on the PK either year he has played in phoenix. His PK numbers are bad in Phoenix. I shudder at what they might look like here.

Said it before is we've alreadly recruited Smithson, Belanger, Fraser who looked like very reasonable bottomsix defensive C's elsewhere but who did jack**** here. Quite probably because these guys are products of good teams that play better anytime they happen to be located on a good team. They are not the cause of the team in question being a good team.

The worst team in the NHL doesn't get over the hump with the guys we signed today.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote