Hendricks-Gaustad-Nystrom
Spaling, Clune

Weber-Josi
Klein-Jones
Ellis-Bartley
Ekholm

Rinne
Hellberg/Hutton

If everyone of those regular players plays to his potential, we'll get 240 goals. How I've broken that down is:

25-20-30
15-25-25
15-15-15
5-5-5

15-10
5-5
5-0

That's assuming everyone stays healthy (they won't, but we have enough tested depth now to feel safe in trying to fill gaps). If we can hold our opposition to 210 goals (which we most certainly can), we could be contenders again. But that's assuming that Stalberg plays to his billing, that Cullen, Fisher, and Legwand don't start declining, that Forsberg and Smith aren't completely over-matched, and that Wilson's shoulder issues are behind him.

We do have a little extra depth now. We can withstand three injuries in the forward group. Spaling, Beck, and Bang (we qualified him, so I'm assuming he's coming back until something happens) can all step in and plug gaps, and Watson might could, too. If Cehlin is ready for a taste, that will help.

Defensively, we're actually really susceptible to injury, but our defense was pretty durable overall last year: Weber, Josi, and Klein missed one game combined. If we can get a repeat performance of that from those three, plus the addition of a wild card in Jones, this could be a really tough team to score against.

But, again, that's only if everyone plays to their potential. That is the utmost in optimistic estimates. I don't think we'll get there, but I give us a fighting chance to make the playoffs again.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote