View Single Post
Old
07-06-2013, 09:48 AM
SOLR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
He's signed to 4 years. No matter how you try to spin it, the deal makes absolutely no sense.
We have a good team to make him look good and boost his trade value. This lineup reminds me of the small Sabres lineup of 4-5 years ago, looking at what they got in assets for their small forwards, it's possible we will get a good return at the deadline this year or next one. Who knows, we may also need DD to provide offence in case of multiple injuries, he's good depth to have. (Who else can pretend to have a 4th center who can get 50-60 pts. (Just like I doubt we will ever have Gallagher - Gionta and Briere healthy at the same time...)

I'm also not concerned about him becoming untradable. We can trade him right now for a 5th or 6th rounder, he's a center, he's an NHL player, he's not in a giant slump. If we need him out, he will be traded promptly.

I'm also thinking about the possibility of an expansion(the New colisée will be ready in by Sept 2015), he's the perfect expansion draft pickup.

All-in-all, I'm quite sure Bergevin is planning for in 2-3 years and in the meantime he's trying to fill the holes as much as he can, he needs to establish the core and then augment it.

Maxpac - Galchenyuk - Gallagher - Eller
Subban - Tinordi - "Beaulieu"
Price

LW possibilities
DLR
Hudon
Bozon
Lekhonen

C Possibilities
(We might draft one in 2014)
"Bournival"
"Vail"

RW possibilities
Collberg
Leblanc
McCarron
Andrighetto
Thomas

D Possibilities
(Need more at 2014 draft)
Thrower
Ellis
Dietz

G
Fucale

If just ONE of each winger group joins that core, we will be fine, the rest can be acquired from the outside or we can keep vets in specific roles. But I think it's fair to be excited about each winger group converting 2 instead of one. On the LW Hudon and DLR, on the RW McCarron, one of Leblanc or Collberg. Depending where we draft next year I would target a center in the first round and then draft lots of Ds. To create a sufficient wave of talent, we will need to sell our current older assets well, this year was just too soon.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote