View Single Post
Old
07-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Giroux It

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
To be honest as a Blues fan the Roy signing pisses me off. You get Pietrangelo and Stewart both signed first.

Armstrong annoys the hell out of me at times by trying to save every penny it seems in negotiations. Yet he gave Roy 4 million dollars who I personally am not a fan of.

The Blues wont move Pietrangelo. Can you really imagine the fan backlash is you are forced to trade Pietrangelo because you signed Derrick freaking Roy. Do you know how much that would hurt ticket sales ect.

Pietrangelo will be signed it's Armstrong being Armstrong and the agent being an agent.
As an outsider looking at your team it is certainly a head scratcher. Why do you go out and sign Roy when you have your own pending RFA's who IMO should rank higher on the priority list. To me all it says to me is that want to keep Pietrangelo, but if somebody is willing to fork over a deal that makes the team better now and in the future they would seriously consider it. There is a reason they haven't signed him yet and IMO that reason is that they will seriously consider moving him. On the other side there is a reason why teams don't let big name players get to RFA status, its because they really want to keep those players.

Giroux It is offline   Reply With Quote