Thread: Confirmed with Link: Derek Roy agrees to 1 year deal
View Single Post
Old
07-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Blues88

vCash: 500
Aside from pure financials (which will get figured out with little pain I'd assume), I don't mind this signing. All we need out of Roy is to be either a more productive fit in the 2C role or to motivate Berglund to turn a corner. We have some options and enough pivots to experiment with different combinations. If we command the circle like we did against LA for an entire season, it would be a huge boost toward creating chances.

If we assume (there abouts):

Schwartz-Backes-Oshie
Perron-Roy-Stewart
Steen-Berglund-Tarasenko

then what will the 4th line look like? I assume they didn't sign Lapierre to move him to wing, though I'm not sure how he is an upgrade over Sobotka who is one of the most versatile "depth" players in the league. I'm also pretty sad for Cracknell/Porter, who, to me, more than proved their worth in the most important moments of the season. It's a bit unnerving to see the CPR line so easily dispersed after being the figurative life blood of this team in the post season. I understand adding Roy bumps Berglund, and therefore Sobotka down, but is our 4th line automatically better with something like Sobotka-Lapierre-Reaves?

I'm not sure about all this, but I'd love to hear some more thoughts......

Blues88 is offline   Reply With Quote