Old
07-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Yea cause we are still gonna be anemic on offense
I think the major disconnect is people looking at the additions as adding to the mid-level AHL team the Preds were icing at the end of the season last year after losing 8 of the top 9 to injury and not looking at the additions as putting us far ahead of where we were at the start of last season.

Are we going to have an explosive offense? Heck no. Are we going to be able to compete on a nightly basis? Yes, we should be. The key again will be scoring three goals. If you think of the number of one goal losses last season we had with Pekka battling a hip injury and having little support in front of him, you have to like our odds having a healthy Rinne in goal, a stronger defense, three balanced scoring lines, and one of the best energy/checking lines in front of him next season.

We are not currently contenders. We are back to being a playoff caliber team. I still think we are a season away from making another run, but we are back to being a pain in the butt to play against that will make you work harder than us to beat us and will dominate you if you are unprepared or unwilling to do so...