View Single Post
Old
07-06-2013, 11:56 PM
cgf
Un-fire Roy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Just trade Stastny already, there is no way we can keep Matt Duchene, Nathan MacKinnon, Ryan O'Reilly and Paul Stastny long term. There is just no way. And if we lose Stastny to FA in a year, we will get nothing for him. And why would he re-sign here when he knows he will be our 4th best center soon? O'Reilly on the wing is fine until Stastny is gone, but it isnt long term. Just make that trade already.
*shrug* who knows though. I'm not the biggest fan of moving radar to the wing, but I also think that a Radar-Stastny-Landy line could be absolutely amazing and challenge Marchand-Bergeron-Erikson as the NHL's best two way line. If they work as amazingly well together as they look like they might, I could see them wanting to stick around to play together, especially if that line becomes our top opposition battling line and both can feel the love playing next to our captain 20 minutes a night.

Until we see it in action and the new regime talks to the players agents about extensions we won't know whether it's a tenable option moving forward or not.