Thread: GDT: FA/Trade Talk
View Single Post
Old
07-07-2013, 12:16 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
I don't know that Dallas got any better in the short term. Eriksson, right now, is a better player than Seguin. In the long term Dallas may very well win that trade, but going into next year they are not likely to benefit from it. Their defense still needs work, and if Lehtonen falters they are going to have to score a lot to make up for their inability to keep the puck out of the net. Now, we don't have the best offense, but we have a pretty good defense and a world class goalie. Plus they will be playing against some teams that are adept at playing defense while still scoring.

St Louis has been a factor and will continue to be. I'm hoping Hitch loses the room like he has been known to do in the past. I'm not banking on it though. I think the loss of McDonald is covered up but the acquisition of Roy, but Roy is also injury prone. Even if he stays healthy, they did not make any major leaps forward.

Minnesota didn't do much. They were not a better team than us last year until after the injuries took over.

Chicago is going to be a force.

At worst, I think we are able to give a run to Minnesota, St Louis and Dallas if we stay healthy.