Thread: Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Fournier
View Single Post
Old
07-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Well, he's 21 now. Peter Trainor (age 20), whose production and skill will surely land him in a camp somewhere, is in a similar boat and wasn't someone teams thought they should use a pick on. Fournier was very much under the radar in his first couple of draft-eligible years out in Lewiston, and really rose to prominence in Halifax in the role of "do absolutely anything to make the team, and its star players, as successful as possible". What you saw in the playoffs was what he's capable of when other teams try to zero in on the "biggest threats", and how versatile he is by holding down 3rd line checking duties one shift, then contributing to the powerplay on the next. Got an injury to cover in the top 6? Don't worry, he's dependable enough to fill that role, too. Really, really hoping he's able to get a bit more jump in those feet.
Great/helpful info...thanks
(I've got to do more research...I thought Fournier was 20....and you're not Draft-eligible after 20 if I'm correct).

One Halifax Moosehead fan poster here recently compared Fournier to a taller Prust....

And...will be great to see Fucale and Fournier reunited with the Bulldogs one day.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 07-07-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote