View Single Post
Old
01-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Mitchy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
I don't see how you can figure this team should be in the top ten in anything let alone the PP. Once again I'll say the talent on this team is way overrated and is more a product media hype more than anything else.

Out of the 12 forwards in the lineup who would you call an effective force on the PP? See what I mean. Lackadaisacal, indifferent play is the order of the day. It has been for 7 years, it is today, and it will continue to be as long as this team and this organization continues down the same road.
kazo, when I think about, I actually agree with you somewhat. But c'mon 20th in the league on the PP? Leetch while not the player he was, still is an excellent quarterback on the PP. You've got big bodies with Holik and Lindros who can put the puck in in front of the net. You've got guys that can shoot the puck in Carter, Nedved, Kovalev. I know their struggling, but their is no way they should be in the bottom 10 in the league on the PP. I absolutely expect better than that. They should not struggle to bring the puck into the offensive zone and continually have trouble setting up.

I think a lot of people do overrate this team, but I think its all clear now, why their PK that bad, why their defense is that bad, but their is no excuse for the PP to continue to be this inconsistent.