Old
07-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingGiant View Post
Please god no more tanking...
With Roy running the show next year we don't have to worry about tanking that's for sure.

As someone else has already mentioned our biggest issue last year was the inexperience and inconsistency of the team. We showed that we had the ability to beat good solid teams by beating the Hawks and ending there streak and doing it pretty easily.

I think we've already fixed that issue by replacing the Head Coach. For whatever reason Sacco couldn't get the guys motivated to play every night, Roy will have no trouble doing that.

And by picking up Tangs and Sarich we added to very good Vets who have been through it all now and will really add a lot to the team in the dressing room. Plus in that trade we got rid of a poor locker room guy in Obrien, and the most inconsistent player of all in Jones.

I expect next year we'll be in the playoff hunt all year and depending on how we play down the final stretch we'll either sneak into the playoffs, or just miss like we did 2 years ago.

I feel confident our 1st rounder next year wont be anywhere near the bottom 5, and probably not even the bottom 10. So if the right deal comes along where we get a young, Top 2/4 Dman who still has solid upside, I would move the pick.

For example, Gardiner, Josi, McDonagh, Kulikov, Myers are all guys I would entertain the idea of moving our 2014 1st for.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote