View Single Post
Old
07-07-2013, 01:14 PM
BoyntBergie

vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind a move like this but see it as unlikely.

If we're talking about just a flat out goon to play 5 minutes every 20-30 games against the Scotts and Kassians (Parros isn't all that scary and Thornton's never had a problem with him before IIRC) then that kills Claude's ability to roll 4 lines (agree or disagree with the philosophy). I suppose you could double shift a winger a few times those games to get over that, but that's never really been Claude's M.O.

More importantly if you ask me, is how's Thornton gonna take being told he's sitting for 20-30 games because there's another guy they want taking on the big guns? Can't see that sitting well with him, even if it is in his best interest.

A guy like Mashinter's an interesting thought, I see he has some 30 point seasons in the A which would indicate some level of skill. Given his size though, he's going to get eaten alive by guys like Scott and Kassian too. But at least it isn't Thornton taking the pounding, so I see the upside.

Wonder if they have any sort of plans for a guy like Flick? I don't know a ton about him just that he's close to the same size as Mashinter and seems as willing. As someone who always liked Sauve, I was hoping he was more than just a plug when they got him.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote