View Single Post
Old
07-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Fanboy

vCash: 500
Listen, as far as the concerns about where his fitness will be at the end of the contract, the guy is Chara-like when it comes to fitness. He's the kind of guy that climbs the stairs at the Harvard football stadium for fun...and then invites the public to do it with him. I honestly wouldn't make that a big concern.

He's a high-end 5/6, low-end 3/4 and I'll have to be honest; I don't know enough about the Oilers' recent past and current situation when it comes to your defense to place him well. But what he might lose in actual talent, he makes up for with the over-used (but in this situation entirely appropriate) grit, determinination and on-ice leadership. He barks but he can back it up. Prone to turnovers? Yes. He's not a Norris Candidate; but he's generally stable and solid 95% of the time.

I'm not gonna echo what the other Boston fans have said other than to say it's all true. I will say this....with Seguin and Peverley being traded and Horton leaving for CBJ, I am more heartbroken over Ference leaving than all of those losses combined. I'll be watching as many Oil games as I can catch the next few seasons.

He'll leave it all out on the ice for you, then come back two days later and do it again. Not much else you can ask for out of a hockey player.