View Single Post
Old
07-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I'm not naming names but a lot of irrelevant crap has been posted on this thread. Fortunately, it was in cyberspace and not on paper, so no trees had to be chopped down. There's only one pertinent point: Was the trade of Lefebvre + a 7th for Parros favorable to the Habs? I do. If anyone thinks it wasn't, please state your reasons and refrain from mentioning Briere, O'Byrne, Desharnais, Gionta, etc.
First let me state that this is a very very minor and inconsequential move.

Second, enforcers have a limited shelf life. You don't see too many 40 year old ones. At 33, Parros has just about reached the end of the line for an enforcer. I don't have a problem with getting one, but I don't see much usefulness in an enforcer that is over the hill, not as hungry, and probably not scaring too many people. For me, enforcers need to either be really scary dudes OR be able to play on a 4th line without looking completely terrible. I don't think Parros is either of those things.

At best Parros will be a punching bag and will save Prust a few headaches.

Personally, I am 100% against staged fights between enforcers. I find them meaningless and boring. They are also bound to disappear in the next 10-15 years. The league will have a bunch of lawsuits on its hands if they don't crack down on it in some way. But.. while they are there, I think an enforcer can be useful. But I don't know if punching bags really are.