View Single Post
Old
07-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood163 View Post
Sorry for the intrusion guys.

But, Does anyone else think that Holmgren is just riding out this season with Mason and Emery with the hopes that Henrik Lundqvist will make it to UFA next off season?
I don't think it's going to get that far. If Hank wants to stay in NYC, he will.

I think Homer is hoping that Mason will come all the way back to rookie form and be our No. 1. Emery will get a chance too, and more games. That Emery and Mason are friends who've been working out together for the last couple summers helps. It'll be more friendly competition than cutthroat. In an ideal world, the Flyers have a great year, good playoff run, and both of them sign 3 year deals....

Whatever happens, there is a lot going on next summer. I think Vancouver will be forced to buy Luongo out. He's not happy having to go back, so I expect he'll play great until the Olympics to see if he can get an invite back, then suck after that, forcing the buyout.

Lundqvist, Luongo, Miller, Halak, Hiller. There are 5 good UFA goalies, maybe available next summer - and that's just off the top of my head, haven't even looked yet.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote