View Single Post
Old
01-09-2004, 12:38 PM
nikolai19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
You meant you didn't say it righ mate?

The thing is that its one thing to be frustrated but its another to say its over when we are at the mid point. Its another to say that we should deal all of our vets when we have a great core group of young talented players and IF we were to deal them away, we would be at a total rebuilding phase and giving up on any shot of making the finals for the next couple years.

And finally, to deal anyone now, at thier lowest point of value during the season and not waiting until the trade dealine when teams are going to be getting desperate to fill holes is also a mistake to me.

Your opinions are as valid as mine mate. No worries here.
First of all, whether we rebuild or not, we are not ready to make a cup run because all of the tools are not there. We did a good job regarding our forwards in the offseason, however, we still would need to upgrade defensively. Goaltending is still an issue as well...

Also right now, I strongly believe that while it's probably a 90% for sure thing that someone like Miller or Norstrom will not get traded, their value would be amongst some of the highest in the league. Teams like Philadelphia, Detroit, Colorado could always use extra help on D and are willing to overpay. If you think about it Holland overpayed for Schenider, Norstrom is looked at as a number 1 d-man. Imagine what we could get for him?