View Single Post
Old
07-07-2013, 10:59 PM
skorf

vCash: 500
DD is an above average starter in the NHL. He is a better option then Smith, Bryzgalov, Miller, or Backstrom and most other goalies out on the market.

sure he lets in the occasional weak one, but ALL goalies do, look at Quick in the playoffs even and he's a top 5 goalie in the world right now.

He is 27 years old, his numbers have improved each year, and to be honest a lot of goalies don't reach their full potential until their 30's.

I don't want to use stats, but he was #12 in SV% in the league last year with a bottom five defense in front of him. Edmonton faced the second most shots out of anyone so his GAA isn't in the top but no goalie would be top in GAA facing that many shots.

Watching him you can tell he can still improve, but he's already an above average NHL goalie... who else could we get that is better then him. I guess Schneider but Gillis wouldn't allow that but there is no one out there that's a better option.

As for the backup spot. I like signing both Labarbara and Bachman. They were both decent backups last year. This can provide a bit of competition and we can see who rises to the occasion.

skorf is offline   Reply With Quote