Old
07-08-2013, 04:22 AM
KarmaPolice
Masterdebater

vCash: 777
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I'm absolutely not trying to tell you that RNH has plateaued. I think and hope he will be great for us.

What I'm telling you though, is that Taylor Hall was the 9th leading scorer in the league this season. The best LWer in the NHL. We haven't had a top 10 scorer in the league in over 10 years. RNH has the potential to maybe be a top 10 player in his position. Taylor Hall is that right now and he's 21 years old.

Maybe RNH will be more valuable than Hall. Could happen. But it's not even close to being a sure bet.

I do find it interesting that everyone says that RNH has the unique skill set. Taylor Hall has a physical skill set that none of the other kids can touch. It's funny how many people talk about this team needing a left wing power forward. Taylor Hall is that.
Hall is a beast. His contract is going to look like an absolute steal going forward ($6m AAV). Look at how much Giroux just got on his extension: almost $8.3m. Guess which one of the two scored more points last year, on a worse team, and is much younger. Hall is also far from peaking. So many people on this board think Giroux is the best thing since sliced bread, and Hall gets so little respect. What a joke.

Also, just for fun...
Hall: 161 GP, 65 goals -- 0.38 goals per game average (31 goals in 82 games).
Giroux: 333 GP, 91 goals -- 0.27 goals per game average (22 goals in 82 games).

That is a huge difference.

Last edited by KarmaPolice: 07-08-2013 at 04:31 AM.
KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote