View Single Post
Old
07-08-2013, 05:01 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repoman View Post
So what seems to be the best product to buy? Thinking of getting back into the hobby but so much has changed since I was a kid. Back then it was just the rookies you wanted but now everyone has inserts and autographs, jerseys etc. I am leaning towards UD. The first year they came out was the last year I stopped collecting. I should break out my collection at some point to see if I have anything worthwhile
This coming year's Upper Deck base brand will be INSANE. Both Series 1 and Series 2 will be worth getting. However, I would buy only Hobby boxes off eBay or a dealer you know.

The rookie class will be nuts...all of last year's best rookies like Yakupov and all of the crazy rookies from this year's draft and last year's draft. Plus some random rookies that have just made the show like LA's Tyler Toffoli.

Not only do you get six highly desirable rookie cards in every box, the Young Guns, but you also get two jersey cards per box and a /100 parallel that 1/3rd chance will be a Young Guns card.
AND you will get Canvas cards that are pretty cards that also may have Young Guns. AND 2/3rds of the boxes you will get a case hit card that can be...an autograph card, /100 acetate insert, SP card (Heroes of Hockey 80s, probably), SP Canvas card, patch, multi-swatch jersey, /10 parallel, and possibly some other sick stuff.

This is the only product where there are so many case hits, in a 12 box case you seem to get 8 or more case hits.

Personally I'm going to try to get at least 4 cases of UD S1, possibly more. Like 3 grand worth of cards...