View Single Post
Old
07-08-2013, 08:08 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

vCash: 500
The longer I have to think about this lineup, the better I feel about it. Not as in it is the best that DP could possibly do, but it builds a solid mix of short to medium term contracts, no single one of which is a Gaustad albatross, that can bridge the gap as our prospects continue to develop. Only contract I really question is the Nystrom one (for $ and term). As others have mentioned, that 4th line is going to be one of THE toughest to matchup against in the league. The apparent toughness will provide cover for FF, Wilson, etc. also.

So the jokers in this deck IMHO are largely:
a) will Pekka be able to get back into prime form? No question he will work hard enough and be coached well enough)
b) Can Jones make the jump fast enough, or will he hit a wall after about 50 games as many guys straight from junior seem to?
c) factors out of the Preds control-- like how Dallas will gell, or Can Hitch flog the Blues into shape without losing the room?

Anyway, I think barring injury this could be a most formidable team to play against, if not as sexy as signing someone like Horton or trading for Vanek...

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote