View Single Post
Old
07-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
well. I watched most of the game, and it was meh.

some positives but a few worries.
the secondary looked quite weak.
the Esks have to find a return man. burnett is as bad as he was last year.
Kavis Reed is intense for all the wrong reasons.

and I hope it was the wet heavy footballs, but Reilly was throwing the ball like Tim Tebow. I do think he played well overall and made some good decisions.
Conditions were awful. Both Burris and Reilly stated it was the worst downpour they had ever played in. Fortunately drainage at the Guelph stadium was very good or this game would have had delays for sure. That was an intense downpour.

Passing stats for both clubs down as a result. Recievers, kick returners having trouble with the ball.

Smartest play of the game was by Charles. On a broken play he loses a handle on ball in backfield. Instead of trying to make something happen he carefully goes down on the ball in what would have been a 5-10yd loss(much better than turning the ball over) but a Ticat nails him while he's down and its a roughing penalty and we get first down and yardage. I note smart plays on this club because theres not always a lot of them.
Another one was the big interception on ticat 25, I forget who it was but he ran the route better than the receiver and perfectly got the ball. Big turnover, we score a TD, and that was pretty much why we won.