View Single Post
Old
07-08-2013, 09:30 AM
yianik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
So we get an overpaid mediocre dman, a 4th line penalty killer, and a PF who can score 20. We give our best forward, a potential top 4 dman who could be a PP QB and will fight, and a 4th line PK'er. You say we win this deal? What planet are you from? Why would Philly want another center? No deal to be had here.
Coburn is not an overpaid mediocre D man and would improve the D significantly who at 28 should play well for many years. Talbot is a 4th liner but a better 4th liner than the guy we would be sending back. You say a 20 goal PF as if they are easy to get, not so much friend, they are very hard to get, and hes young. I love Pleks and Nathan B looks promising and I like him, I was clear wasn't I about both ? Thing is, such a trade brings in a young physical scoring winger with some skill , who should greatly improve our top 9 with what he brings. We have an heir apparent to Pleks. As for Nathan B, again, a loss but we would have a much improved D right now.Likely would mean Markov is moved. For me, hands down such a trade improves us now and for the next several years. You want good assets back in a trade, you need to give up good assets. If you really think Coburn is mediocre, Talbot is a mutt as Moen is better and you yawn at Simmonds, that's fine , we just have a different evaluation of these players and a different time frame of when what such a trade would do for us in getting a shot at a Cup.