View Single Post
Old
07-08-2013, 11:08 AM
BenchedGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwrangersfan22 View Post
Can someone explain to me what all the hype is about Ryan Macinnis is? Is it because he is Al's kid or is he that good? Just trying to understand as I have never seen him play. Looks like the Rangers have many forwards signed. It will be interesting.
I remember reading somewhere Ryan MacInnis was touted to be a top 5 pick in the OHL draft before he made USNDT committment. We were able to get him with a 3rd round pick in 2012 in hopes in a year or two he would report to Kitchener (eventually). A year has past and now rumors (legitimate sources - LR on another forum). His is a 6'3" 170lbs Centre. And here is a little blurb about him from another poster (AmericanDream) in the prospects forum from his top 25 Americans in the 2014 NHL draft.

Quote:
11. Ryan Macinnis - F - His bloddlines make him a name that people follow. His size makes people really think he could be special. But there has always been something missing or lacking from his game for me. He should do fine in the OHL this year and hopefully be a top player to get picked in the draft. I think he could be on par to players like Max Domi and Kerby Rychel (both first rounders) but he has some issues to work on and realize that you cant just go by your name to make it.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1464999

So he has issues but with that size and the previous stats below, he could fit in nicely.

Year Team GP G A PTS PIM
2011-12
St. Louis Blues U16s
GP 34 - G 27 - A 20 - PTS 47 - PIMS 18
2012-13
USNDT (USHL)
GP 41 - G 8 - A 6 - PTS 14 - PIMS 6