View Single Post
Old
07-08-2013, 11:08 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
listen to yourself... we are talking about a trade for a proven 30 goal scorer, and remember I specified that he had to be signed to an extension. this is the sort of trade this organization has been dreaming of/dying for forever..

this is not a "dump him while he still has value" situation, at all.. this is a "if you want something good you have to give up something good" situation.

IF he develops, Forsberg might someday be as good as Vanek... maybe.

I would say the chances of Forberg scoring 30 goals in any of the next three seasons is low, whereas Vanek scoring 30 is almost guaranteed

Forsberg would be VERY hard to part with, but if he could get us 5 years of Vanek, thats the kind of deal you can live with.
And if Forsberg pans out, Vanek will be long retired when Forsberg is in his prime. I know what you're saying but we got a steal out of the Erat deal and it would be foolish to give that up now. It's a catch-22 situation at best. Vanek could be great for us. Forsberg could fail. It could also turn out the other way. Poile didn't acquire Forsberg to peddle him off this quickly.

Last edited by TMI: 07-08-2013 at 12:06 PM. Reason: fixed quote
glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote