View Single Post
Old
10-26-2006, 03:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
I like what I've seen from Chipchura so far. I have seen most of his games with Hamilton and I have been surprised with his skating, it looks better then I thought it would at the pro level. Hope to see him get faster, quicker first step and work on his shot. But he works hard and is smart with good size, not overly physical so far but I've seen him throw some decent hits.

As for Danis and Halak, I'm glad that he's in Hamilton, has looked ok at times, been good here and there but then lets in a softie or some sort of mental breakdown. With 4 seconds left in the game he came out and grabbed the puck, only to turn it over to a wide open net, there goes at least 1 pt in a game they started out so well. Last night he went to throw the puck to his defensmen to keep play alive and instead he dropped it behind him and it was headed for the goal line until Traverse grabbed it.

Not saying those two plays means anything, just that he needs to work on his consistency a bit, although the Dogs defense has been shaky from what I've seen, but having 3 regulars on defense out of the lineup hurts. I do think Danis could come in and be a NHL backup but we'll have to see if he gets his chances or not. Who knows what kind of camp Price will have next year, so everything imo is up in the air.

Halak has only played in 1 game, Lever views Danis as the starter, must like what he's seeing cause Danis keeps getting the nod. Next year Price will either be in Hamilton or with the Habs, so who knows who the starter will be in Hamilton next year either. If it's Price and Halak, that would been a nice 1-2 combo for sure.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote