Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #8
View Single Post
Old
07-08-2013, 01:07 PM
  #53
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, Skjei should be over both Nieves and Kristo. Basically these prospect polls should be renamed "who is closest to the NHL." Because, 1st rounders aside, that's what it generally ends up being.
That's because outside of the first rounders, the rest have only a small chance of playing in the NHL. A third rounder has a 90% chance of being a career minor leaguer and only about a 5% chance of being a solid NHLer (another 5% that he'll be a 4th liner or #13 sitting in the stands). If we have a kid who's almost ready to play in the NHL, he'll go ahead of someone who is 90% to be a career minor league, someone who has a much better chance of spending his career in the ECHL than the NHL.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote