View Single Post
Old
07-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Zorba

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
If I was GM at this point, I would sign Fistric to a 2-3 year deal around 1.75M per. Look at the Stewart situation, then call it a free agency.

If I was the GM before the FA I would of signed Douglas Murray instead of Danny Briere and looked HARD at Bobby Ryan, I mean REAL hard. Consider moving Eller,Gallagher,Plekanec for him. He was the player that we need, the biggest disappointment was that MB was not able to get him, and a division rival did. I'm not disappointed with the Clowe,Clarkson,Horton even Iginla deals as they got absurd money/term for their value.

So if we sign Fistric I see us look like this:

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-DD-Bourque
Prust-Eller-Briere
Moen-White-Parros
Dumont
Blunden
Thomas
Gio(injury)

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Fistric
Tinordi-Diaz
Bouillon
Beaulieu
Drewsike
Emelin(Injury)

Price
Budaj
Mayer

Evaluations of the roster:
First line: Pretty decent first line, quite inexperienced but talented. Got 2 talented players and one feisty one crashing the net. Looking for rebounds.

Second line: Pretty good second line, could be a first-line. Bourque replaces Cole, DD and Patches always have been together and had their biggest success together.

Third line: Gio is on IR an will replace Prust once he comes back, very good 3rd line, Eller is a legit 2nd-3rd line center and Briere is very talented, now if he can bounce back is a big question. Gio will play good as usual, Eller and Briere will be the playmakers.

4rth line: Very decent 4rth line considering Prust will most likely play there most of the year, you got the best Lightweight in the league in Prust, a crazy maniac in White and a decent HW in Parros, pretty intimidating to most teams and can hold it's one against Ottawa/Toronto/Boston which was big issue IMO last year, not having a heavy that is...

Defence: Subban, the best of the best. Will be anchoring the group, Markov will not be playing as many minutes anymore, Emelin looks like will take some time to recover. Lets see if Fistric can replace him(if Fistric doesn't sign then I would put Tinordi there) as a physical d-man. There is a lot of depth there, but not on the top pairings.

Goalies: Big question mark on Carey Price, this season will be a make it or break it for him IMO. Carey has to perform and save us a few nights, and if we make the playoffs he cannot play mediocre again or he will be traded or at least shopped around, yes I said it... Budaj is a solid Backup and will play good when Carey wants to take the night off.

In summary, looks like a very solid team, despite still having goaltender issues, top-4 minute-eating defenceman issues and a solid PWF on the top lines still lacking. Still looks like a club who will make the playoffs, I guesstimate around 4-8 range. I suspect a first-round exit if Carey does not get his **** together and as far as a eastern conference finals appearance if Carey plays good and we have a good season not snake-bitten with injuries.
Im not sure if that is a playoff team in a 82 game schedule. Its a very small team especially on RW. we will seew hat happens I suppose and also where did you hear that Gionta wont be ready? last I heard he will be back for training camp