Thread: Beginners: scoring drought
View Single Post
Old
07-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Thesensation19*

vCash: 500
Great post for starters.

1) Practice- Your shooting 60-100x a day but are you challenging yourself. Most players like to shoot corners or posts for practice. Try to attack it from different angles, try to shoot at different angles... Also try to practice shooting sides. Just be creative when your shooting on it... I hope those 60 shots arent coming from a stationary position.

Sounds like an Ovechkin slump. You may be playing better, feel better and shoot more but its the creativity in your offense that can produce consistent goals. Adam Oates I heard worked 1 on 1 with Ovi in many shooting drills.

Dishing him insane passes from off the boards, on one leg, off the the breakaway, through his legs and even behind him. Asking him to shoot quicker and harder. Didnt he have 33 goals this year? Most coming from 2nd half of season lol

So maybe you need to work on your release and your body language but no way for me to tell without watching you...

Are you using ice or roller pucks. Rollers are much lighter. Try to use ice pucks and green bisucuits (2nd edition). * i remember i use to practice with a roller hockey ball a whole lot in a week and the first game I had I had a break away and a chance to score top shelf. I lifted it clear over the boards lol, simply because I was so use to a ball and its physics rather than a puck. Same thing I believe goes for a puck's weight.

Thesensation19* is offline   Reply With Quote